[time-nuts] RFTG-u REF 0 Z3812 as cleanup module for FEI5680A

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 14:22:03 UTC 2014

I would not mess with the power management of the unit, HP did know what
they where doing. Any clean up I would move off the unit if you want to stay
with the same OCXO you have one in the second unit.
As to phase noise before time nuts issues took up all my time low noise
signal generators where my main focus and will be again. I know of no high
quality Sig. Gen  that does not include a 100 MHz XO and in some cases  higher
frequency SAW units. And that has been going on for as long as I can
remember and I am 72.
One subject no one has touched on is thermal control. I do not know but
suspect forced air cooling that would explain why all connectors on the front.
 From comments by some members we are looking at 20 W. I will include a fan
along  with temperature control.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 11/18/2014 12:21:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,