[time-nuts] ks... answers The emails are getting long

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Nov 19 01:17:11 UTC 2014

Hi

For the limited temperature swings that most labs have, and the sort of ADEV that the OCXO has, a Q up to 10 can be tolerated pretty well. Keeping the parts count down to two to four coils  and a few capacitors lets you do it without a lot of complex design tools. They did it with charts and slide rules back in the 1940’s. You can do it with a few clicks on a web based calculator app these days.

Bob