[time-nuts] ADF4001/4002 startup questions

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Nov 19 22:55:43 UTC 2014

Hi

The 4001 is pretty forgiving of order of load issues. I’ve always just followed the order in the AD app notes and it’s worked fine.

I’d recommend getting any of the USB logic level scopes and tacking it onto what you have. The ones I have seen are plenty fast enough for this kind of thing. The software that comes with them lets them run as a logic analyzer with deep enough memory to see the whole load process. If you are half as prone to error as I am, it will pay for it’s self pretty fast.

Bob