[time-nuts] KS-24361 10 Mhz mod interesting document -> older KS boxes

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Nov 21 12:05:50 UTC 2014

Hi

The heat gun approach assumes that the fault is a blob of metal that is stuck in a bad location in the bulb. Unfortunately there are a lot of different ways these beasts can die. The repair guys who should know always claimed that bulb issues were < 30% of the issues they saw. That was on an earlier generation of Rb’s but I suspect it applies. None of the ones I had arrive DOA were bulb problems.

Bob