[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 24V DC power requirements

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Nov 21 23:28:05 UTC 2014

Hi

I have run mine from anything from 22V to 30V and seen no problems. I had trouble on a pair with a 2A 24V supply. The pairs seem to settle down to about 1A at 30V after warmup in my lab.

The supplies are rated to 18V input. I would not trust them at that low a voltage. There are some coils running around in the box and voltages into the supply will be lower than at the input pins.

Even if you buy the brand new supplies from TRC (or your local MeanWell distributor) a full up supply for a pair is < $30. The auction sites are indeed a bit cheaper on some auctions.

Bob