[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 24V DC power requirements

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Nov 22 02:17:36 UTC 2014

Hi

We’ve been around this one before. The KS boxes are powered by a switcher brick inside the box. There’s not a lot of reason go super crazy on the DC input. It’s fully isolated from the case ground. Even leakage / stray grounds should not be an issue in this situation. I would not run it off of raw un-filtered rectifier output. Anything that’s at least got a filter capacitor in it should do fine.

Bob