[time-nuts] Practical considerations making a lab standard with an LTE lite

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 15:06:31 UTC 2014

I am scratching my head here.
>From what I see the LTE is a good unit but does swim around a bit. The
conclusion I might get from this thread is that lots of insulation will fix
that.
I suspect not.
The LTE in use down  at 2.8 e-10 according to its output.
I have put it in a small cardboard box with free standing air and some
Styrofoam.
Because thats what turned up in the basement.
I have added heat to it. It sits on top the Lucent box thats on. :-)

It still swims around. It moves forward and backwards stays steady. Random.
Certainly not terrible. I just think as neat as bricks may be it would not
help allot.
The top of the thread is excellant about checking the TCXO output Z.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL