[time-nuts] Practical considerations making a lab standard with an LTE lite

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Nov 23 22:00:12 UTC 2014

Hi

Well the answer is obvious:)

You simply need to turn on the air-conditioning full blast for more months of the summer in … ummm ….. errrr …. Denmark … hmmm…..

Heat only or cool only systems seem to be more practical when the heat sink is a flowing body of water or an ocean. Unfortunately those seem to also run up the price of adjacent real estate.

Moving bodies of water also aren’t very good for stabilizing temperature on a frequency source. The same thing is true of a hole in the ground that goes above or below the level of ground water over the course of the year. If you drill a hole, there is indeed a wrong depth to pick. It might be interesting to see how deep you need to go for stable ground water temps. Around here the top layer of ground water was rain last week or last month.

Bob