[time-nuts] Practical considerations making a lab standard with an LTE lite

Mike Garvey r3m1g4 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 24 15:46:06 UTC 2014

We should not forget that the LTE is not a free standing frequency source:
it is steered to GPS signals and, in the long term, will reflect the
accuracy of GPS and the stability of the as-received signal.
>From the ADEV plot in the user manual, it looks like the time constant for
steering of the TCXO is about one minute; constructing an enclosure with a
time constant significant longer than a few minutes has diminishing returns.
Mike