[time-nuts] NIST isolation amplifiers

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 23:45:47 UTC 2014

On 25 Nov 2014 23:10, "Bob Camp" <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> For a modern build, the PZT3904’s and PZT2222’s are a pretty good way to
go with this amp.

> For normal distribution to instruments, there’s really no need to do
anything this complex.

> Bob

I am also thinking about the construction of a  distribution amplifier with
15 or so outputs.  One thing that came to my mind, is that there may be
some point in  having one or two outputs where more money is spent. Then if
one thinks an item might be particularly sensitive to some aspect of the
reference,  one can use that.

One could for example have one or two outputs which have harmonics
suppressed 100 dB, without going to unnecessary expensive on all outputs.

Dave