[time-nuts] 10 MHz Filters

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 04:08:18 UTC 2014

List,

I have seen on the net a 10 MHz filter using 10.7 IFtransformers but have no idea how well they would work for isolation with thenew style Lucent boxes.

Thoughts?

On Ebay venders are offering 10 MHz crystals for almostnothing if you buy 30.  My question wouldthese be good for making some type of simple ladder filter?

In his article *Modifying Lucent RFG-M-RB Rubidium FrequencyStandard* the author used a 10MHz filter that was taken from an old 10MbitEthernet LAN board. The part number he used was 20F001N and I found them onEbay for low prices.

Now I don’t have any access to any old ethernet LAN boardsso I’d have to build from scratch.

Does anyone of these methods have an advantage over theothers on the new style Lucent boxes or in the making of a small distributionamplifier with good isolation?

Regards,

Perrier