[time-nuts] Minicircuits 10% discount in December

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 18:34:24 UTC 2014

Again I refer you to Clifton Labs website and cross-references there to the
Fair-Rite part numbers/mixes. Although the marketing largely emphasizes EMI
suppression, all the mainline distributors now offer several mixes and core
styles that are perfect for RF transformers.

Powdered iron, yeah, those are not so easily found at mainline
distributors, I end up getting them from kitsandparts.com or Amidon.

And to Jim's point... "build your own" MMIC from discrete RF transistors
(often different generations of CATV-oriented transistors - you get the
advantage that you get tune bias currents etc. for individual need) is
quite easy using parts stocked at Mouser etc. They also have these
impressive super-beefy broadband CATV distribution/isolation amplifiers.

Tim N3QE