[time-nuts] Upgrade an HP 5342A microwave frequency counter to have an oven oscillator.

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 22:38:10 UTC 2014

The HP 5342A has an optional oven oscillator. I just bought one of
those counters, but mine has a TCXO and is about 50 kHz off at 10 GHz.
I'm sure I can trim it closer than that, but if possible I'd like to
stick an oven oscillator in it. Does anyone know what is involved? I
have at least one 10811A oscillator here that I could stick inside,
but does it need any more, or just the oscillator?

Someone said the oscillator should be an 10544-60011, but a 10811A is
backwards compatible.

Dave