[time-nuts] Convert Stanford Research SR620 time-interval counter to SR625 ???

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 22:37:16 UTC 2014

On 27 November 2014 at 22:15, Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net> wrote:
> Hi David:

Hi Brooke

> If you look just to the right of the SR620 you will see a separate box that
> contains the PRS10.

Ah, I missed that!!!

I was thinking it fitted inside the SR620, but obviously not.

> The PRS10 can work as either a Rb GPSDO or as a time stamping device.  For
> the SR620 any GPSDO would make a good external reference.

It would have been nice to have a better reference inside, as
sometimes I move equipment around, and don't always want to take more
than necessary, so having a better reference inside would have been a
nice thing, but I see it is not what I thought.

This unit I purchased has the option 01, the ovenized VCXO, but of
course that is not going to have the long-term stability of a Rb
source.

I see one of the SR625 add-ons on eBay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STANFORD-RESEARCH-SYSTEMS-SR625-2GHz-PRESCALER-/281486714451?pt=US_Marine_Aircraft_Radios&hash=item4189ea6653

but it does not look in good condition, so I'm not paying $700 for it.

Dave