[time-nuts] Homebrew frequency counter, need help

Li Ang lllaaa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 12:26:15 UTC 2014

I did a little calculation and it's a 10 digits counter.
log(10,000,000,005) = 10.
There is still a big gap between this one and 53132A :(

For 53132A, the time resolution is 150ps, which I think is 10digits/s with
interpolator. According to the schematics the only difference between
53132A & 53131A is the ADC of interpolator. It is the reason why 53131A
only has time resolution of 500ps (also 10digits/s). However, 53132A is a
12 digits/s counter. I guess the 2 more digits come from software. Linear
regression maybe ?