[time-nuts] Truetime GPS-DC-416 specs ?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Nov 28 15:07:49 UTC 2014

Hi

One quick thing to check (I have never seen one of these):

Some of the early boxes used downconverters at the antenna end rather than just a preamp at the antenna. On a few boxes the giveaway was two coax ports headed to the downconverter. On most everything was multiplexed on one cable. If you need a downconverter and it did not come with the box, they are pretty tough to find. I have several boxes sitting around lacking downconverters to make them work.

Another thing it might have is an odd preamp voltage to the antenna. That’s a lot easier to get around than the downconverter. A DC block and bias tee will do the trick. Just don’t plug a 5V antenna into it before you check to see if it’s got something like 12V on the coax ...

Bob