[time-nuts] Distribution Amp

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Fri Nov 28 18:43:55 UTC 2014

Hi Dave,

Speaking only for myself, most of the fun is in the reinventing of the wheel.  I have no real use for a frequency standard, but designing and building my GPSDO has been very rewarding.  Eventually I hope to be able to share it with someone besides Dan, who has been a big help on the hardware side.  A lot of the fun has been in comparing the results to my 10811 and my new KS-24361.  Then there's the thermal stability question and on and on.
As to distribution amps, I have to defer to the engineers on the group.  I believe Bob Camp has posted about the need to compare what the end use is going to be vs the quality of what we're feeding to the DA.  Those who need a high quality DA will mostly likely buy one.  Those like me will likely try to measure what we have and see if we can improve it somehow.  Otherwise, I'm spending my retirement watching TV.  Where's the fun in that?  =)
Hopefully this forum has room for professionals, amateurs, and dilettantes like me.

Bob - AE6RV