[time-nuts] Measurement of frequency of HP 8720D option 1D5oscillator after switch on

John Miles john at miles.io
Sun Oct 5 03:14:49 UTC 2014

The 5370s were also very expensive, even by HP standards.  That's why it was so interesting to see the 53230As introduced at such a low price point.

53230A (2014 price at keysight.com): US $3,926
SR620 (2014 price at thinksrs.com): US $4,950
5370B (1996 catalog price): US $25,000

Of course by 1996 they would have been actively encouraging customers to order something newer, and steep prices were often quoted to get the message across.  But the 5370B was $13,000 even in 1991.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC