[time-nuts] fast switching quiet synthesizer

cfo xnews5 at luna.dyndns.dk
Wed Oct 8 18:57:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 17:18:19 -0400, S. Jackson via time-nuts wrote:

> Hi Anders,
>
> in the absence of a true phase noise analyzer the next best thing is to
> use
>  one of the Agilent 856x analyzers with the phase noise measurement
> software  plug-in.

Wouldn't a used E4406A do it , they're going quite cheap ?

John Miles says it's quite good , despite it's 10Mhz span.
http://tinyurl.com/o7fhwl6

I even think i read he mentioned -140dB somewhere.
Ahh: http://tinyurl.com/myg5ra9

I think his site is down atm. , but here is an url for google's cached
version.
http://tinyurl.com/ppz85qf

CFO
Denmark