[time-nuts] GPS jump

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Oct 10 01:09:49 UTC 2014

Hi

GPS is steered by the Air Force last time I checked.

A really good place to check is the NIST Time and Frequency pages that show both real time and historical data for each GPS sat compared to NIST time:

http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/gpsarchive.cfm

Hopefully it’s accessible via that link from a variety of locations.

Since the NIST data is independent of the steering (two different outfits involved) it should not be vulnerable to a “our ground segment broke and we steered everything to match” sort of error.

Bob