[time-nuts] locking oscillators - an increase in power and/or stability ?

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 15:25:14 UTC 2014

I have been doing phase combining of power amplifiers for almost 30 years, professionally.

If I could get 1200W by combining two 300W amplifiers, I would now be retired and very wealthy indeed.

Unfortunately, there is no free lunch and unless somehow the Gun oscillators were delivering more power when connected to the magic T (maybe because of better matching) than when measured individually, combining two X W sources will only give you, at best, 2xX W, or 3dB more power.

It does not matter what the combining structure is, magic T, coupler or else.

Didier KO4BB

--
Sent from my Motorola Droid Razr HD 4G LTE wireless tracker while I do other things.