[time-nuts] Digital Mixing with a BeagleBone Black and D Flip Flop

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Thu Oct 16 16:23:00 UTC 2014

Am 16.10.2014 um 02:02 schrieb Bert Kehren via time-nuts:
> Take a look at Potato chips yes Potato I have used them with good  results
>    Bert Kehren
>
> 330551715157
They don't impress me much. Yes, they can drive my 0.6pF active probes
without a
problem, but connecting just one of their own inputs to an output slows
it down
to half speed. The word "line driver" for their '125 seems somewhat
optimistic.
Propagation delay vs. load capacitance could be a problem with them.

> In a message dated 10/15/2014 6:44:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> kb8tq at n1k.org writes:
>
> Hi
>
> Most ECL families have more trouble with 1/F noise than  fast silicon
> saturated logic. That makes them poor candidates for this sort of  thing.

Motorola's Mosaic3 process was really ugly, and with PECL you get all
the VCC noise
unattenuated to the output in the high state. But is is seldom that
MOSFETs outdo
bipolars wrt 1/f corners. I think I'll give the 100EP a try.

Gerhard