[time-nuts] Price of LTE Lite GPSDO vs Trimble Thunderbolt.

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 20:13:26 UTC 2014

Pete,

that is not inflation, that is supply and demand. The Trimble Mini-T  was
priced at $945 on Trimble's standard price list for 1 to 9 pieces, and the
Thunderbolt was likely twice that much when sold new, so you have to compare
that to the LTE-Lite pricing.

The Thunderbolt units offered by Tom via TAPR to Time Nuts at that  time
were old rejects that had done their duty already, were fully paid-off  and
would have been scrapped and recycled by the Telecom otherwise, and Tom
invested a huge amount of his time testing them and  packaging/shipping them at
no charge, so that pricing was completely  random and lucky for us to be at
the right time at the right moment.

In fact the complete used Thunderbolt package now lists for up to $498 on
Ebay..

No problem on offering these kits factory-new with warranty at what  we
hope is a fair price,
Bye,
Said

In a message dated 10/17/2014 12:49:32 Pacific Daylight Time,