[time-nuts] LTE-Lite module

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Mon Oct 20 12:54:40 UTC 2014

Bob wrote:

>We tend to focus on this or that enhanced feature in a piece of
>code. It's fun to talk about. That's not what keeps most designs
>from doing what they should. By focusing on this rather than the
>testing required, we set people up to fail. If you start off the
>project believing you mostly need fancy code when you mostly need
>long term testing instead, you hit a wall pretty fast. Setting up
>for one is not at all the same as setting up for the other.

Not really sure what this has to do with my post to which you
replied??  I assure you, I do not find code to be a fun, or even very
interesting, topic of conversation, and I did not mention it at all
in that post.  Really, the only thing I've said about code is that
I've found it takes more than 100 lines to do a proper ADPLL.  When I
have some time, I have to sit down and study Poul-Henning's code to
see what I can learn from it about parsimony.

Best regards,

Charles