[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812A GPSDO system

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Mon Oct 20 18:11:13 UTC 2014

Stu said:

"Power is applied to the connector labeled "+24VDC" and "P1", in exactly the same way as the earlier RFTG units. Apply +24V to pin 1 and the other side of the power supply (GND or RTN) to pin 2.  In these units, that power supply goes directly to an isolated Lucent DC/DC converter brick labeled "IN: DC 18-36, 1.9A".  Presumably you can run both units with a 4-amp supply."

Hi Stu,

I decided to get a set of these as a reference for my own GPSDO development efforts.  Now to power it.  From your description, it looks like a pair of laptop supply bricks might fit the bill.  I'm looking at one here that says DC 22.5-18V 2.0-2.5A.  Does that sound reasonable or should I get something a bit better?

Bob