[time-nuts] LTE-Lite module and the pendulum...

John Miles john at miles.io
Tue Oct 21 18:50:44 UTC 2014

> Great insight thanks. You nailed it: out with the old oscillator and in with one
> that doesn't have that problem.
>
> Btw the mechanical tuning issue you mentioned is essentially the same exact
> problem: even the slightest turn will make the frequency jump too high or too
> low. It can drive you (and the loop) crazy trying to get it on-frequency.

Whenever I've seen this behavior, it has always been caused by uncertainty or "quantization" on the part of the trimpot's wiper, rather than anything that could be blamed on the varactor.  What would be a good example of a TCXO or OCXO model that exhibits EFC hysteresis?  I don't immediately understand what could cause this phenomenon, and I'd like to reproduce it here to see what's happening.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC