[time-nuts] Z38xx rack mounts

Lee Mushel herbert3 at centurytel.net
Wed Oct 22 22:30:04 UTC 2014

Dave,

I, too, hate piles of dumb little boxes.   So when the Z3801 appeared I went
on line, bought some sheet aluminum of appropriate thickness,  cut a "panel
sized" piece, drilled a few holes with an appropriate twist drill to allow
the start of a hacksaw and then finished the clearance hole for the 3801
with a file.  I supported the 3801 with some aluminum extrusion angle stock
and then painted the whole she-bang with paint to match my stuff.   And lo,
no dumb little box, and it fits a standard 19 inch rack perfectly.   If you
send me an email address I will send a photo.

Lee