[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812...

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 19:51:43 UTC 2014

Anthony Roby aroby at antamy.com wrote:

"My curiosity got the better of me so I ordered these earlier this week and
received them today.

I've powered both up and quickly measured the 10MHz output.  I don't yet
have a GPS antenna feed
that I can connect, so couldn't check that out.  And I need to look into
why both of the units
have the Fault and StdBy lights illuminated.  I was surprised how compact
they are and they weight
next to nothing.  And they are very nicely made.  I took the tops off both
and took some photos
(see http://goo.gl/87e8GG), but have not ventured into unscrewing
everything to get to the bottom
of the boards.  From the top, I didn't immediately spot anything extra on
the board for the 10MHz
out.  All the extras appear to be for the GPS, but the underside of the
boards may tell a different
story."

Without an antenna the units will not operate properly and the "ON" light
will stay off.

Near the front of the oscillator on the edge of the board is a hole marked
"J8". This is the 5Mhz
sine wave from the oscillator and I fed this through a capacitor to my
buffer amp to get 5Mhz out.

-Arthur