[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361/Z3812A GPSDO initial setup

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Oct 25 18:37:07 UTC 2014

bob at evoria.net said:
> I'm pretty sure it does provide +5 to the antenna.  I didn't understand what
> I was seeing for quite some time yesterday, and it seemed like it was
> telling me it didn't see an antenna.  ...

No, it's telling you that your antenna is not in a good location.

When the satellites it can see are good enough, the survey makes progress.
When they go behind a tree or whatever, it stops.  Survey mode requires 4
satellites, and maybe the S/N has to be above some threshold.

Remember it is using an old GPS module.  They are far less sensitive than
modern units.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.