[time-nuts] Cheap Frequency chip with serial output

Giuseppe Marullo giuseppe at marullo.it
Sun Oct 26 02:26:06 UTC 2014

Hello,
just wanted to know if there is any very cheap pre programmed pic or
something similar to get frequency of a Yaesu FT-102 radio.
I need it to know its frequency, either the VFO alone (sub 6MHz) or
possibly its real rx and tx frequency (up to 30MHz).
Using the VFO would be easier but then I will have to probe the
mechanical band commutator.
I know Arduino could be a solution, just wanted to know if something
smaller is available, possibly with rs232.
TIA

Giuseppe Marullo
IW2JWW  - JN45RQ