[time-nuts] 10MHz Rubidium reference source for frequency counter

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 19:01:28 UTC 2014

I know what your next question will be, "I see that these rubidium
oscillators all can be adjusted over a range that falls on both sides of
10MHz.  What should I use as a calibration source to adjust my rubidium
oscillator?"   Then you think "If I have this 10MHz calibration source, why
not just run the frequency counter off that and not bother with the rubidium?"

OK there is good reason to use Rb.  It warms up fast, it remains stable for
a long time.  It is self contained and compact and does not rely on any
external signals.

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Karen Tadevosyan <ra3apw at mail.ru> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> Can I have your recommendation regarding a choice of 10 MHz rubidium source
> (available now on eBay like FE-5680; LPRO-101; LPFRS; FRS etc.) as a
> reference signal for my frequency counter Pendulum CNT-91.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Karen, ra3apw
>

> ---
> Это сообщение свободно от вирусов и вредоносного ПО благодаря защите от
> вирусов avast!

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California