[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812...

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Oct 26 21:10:57 UTC 2014

bob at evoria.net said:
> Thanks for more pics.  Was there any indication of where the 10MHz gets its
> signal?  Could you see a trace, or did I miss that in the pics?  I'm a bit
> too ham-fisted to go prodding around in mine, so I've left it closed after
> an initial urge to see the top of the board.

If you look carefully at the pictures showing the bottom of the connector
area on the 10 MHz and Antenna connectors you can see that the connectors
don't share any mounting/connecting holes on the PCB.

If you want 10 MHz out of the unit with the GPS module, you can get it from
the center pin of the unused connector.  (You may have to add other parts to
get 10 MHz over there.)

An alternative migh be to move the antenna connector on the GPS module from
the bottom to the top, then use a pigtail lead to the panel.  That may not
work.  From the pictures, it looks like power to the antenna is added to the
trace on the bottom of the board.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.