[time-nuts] 10MHz Rubidium reference source for frequency

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 00:39:03 UTC 2014

Hi Karen,

the price is much higher because it is a much better oscillator. Much lower
 phase noise, much better ADEV, less drift, and 1PPS disciplining  input,
so you just need to connect it to a GPS 1PPS output for a day or so. Even  if
you don't care about Phase noise now you may in the future.

You sometimes can find one on Ebay for $350 to $700. I have two of them,
one running on the bench without a heatsink for years (even though they
should  have a heatsink), they work great.

Yes, that is 10x more than the FEI parts, but you get what you pay  for.

Bye,
Said

In a message dated 10/26/2014 15:37:40 Pacific Daylight Time,