[time-nuts] Really fast ADC needed

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 20:22:46 UTC 2014

Oh,  it gets much more fun than that...  try doing it with 32 channels.

I haven't a clue what this system will use...  and frankly am rather  glad I don't have to do it.

I have built some rather large systems that were a bit ahead of their time.  Early 80's did a 256,000 custom processor array.   Not all that long ago I did a cheap data acquisition system (for less than 1/10th the cost of the nearest proposal) that records 8 gigabytes per second for 10+ hours straight (basic design could handle much more, much faster but that was all that was needed).