[time-nuts] 10811 Thermal fuse?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Sep 3 11:33:59 UTC 2014

Hi

In all the years I’ve been doing this, there have been a *lot* of posts and observations about that fuse failing. The number of reports / observations of that fuse doing what it is supposed to do (protect a failed controller) have been virtually zero. By far the easiest “replacement” is a piece of wire. The risk associated with this fix is near zero. Is it zero - no, but we spend far more money on these fuses than we would on a handful of replacement OCXO’s.

Bob