[time-nuts] OCXO Voltage Input?

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Thu Sep 4 14:53:28 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have an PTI OCXO. The trimming voltage is two pins, with a maximum of
6.8VDC across the pins. They specify using a 20K pot as the adjustment
mechanism. However, I hope to use this thing in a closed loop, and will
be driving it with an active device.

What got me thinking is if the frequency trimming is simply a varactor
across some part of the circuit. I wonder how susceptible is the input
to driving impedance and noise?

Any suggestions on how to drive this input, or what to watch out for.
I'm sure every OCXO is different. Are there any general precautions to
take?

Thanks,
Dan