[time-nuts] OCXO Voltage Input?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Sep 4 21:43:20 UTC 2014

Hi

The EFC pin *might* have a bypass cap on it. If you drive it with an op-amp an isolating resistor might be needed. If so, a couple hundred ohms is likely enough to stabilize the op-amp.

In a closed loop / control loop setting, the noise on the EFC will be whatever the loop generates. As long as you stay with good quality op-amps and low impedances in your filters, things should be plenty quiet.

Things like EFC range, output frequency, phase noise, and intended use  / circuit would be needed to come up with more specific information.

Bob