[time-nuts] Is a crystal likely to change frequency by 3% ?

Lee Mushel herbert3 at centurytel.net
Sat Sep 13 14:10:57 UTC 2014

Interesting topic!   Of course I no longer wear a watch since such a habit
after advancing well into retirement seems pointless but I did want to point
out that perhaps you could include the Bulova Accutron in your studies.
Long ago I fell on ice and landed on my wrist with the result that my space
model accutron never ran again .   But a year ago I asked my wife where it
was and she produced it which was then entrusted to a local horologist who
studied it and said he couldn't get the parts to repair it.   But after he
had "examined it" I found that it did, indeed, start running again--for a
time. But then it stopped and I gave up since others skilled in the art
simply wanted more for a repair than I wanted to give.   But I will still
admit that from time to time a watch is a good thing and I find that the
seven dollar models I can buy today keep time much better than the old
Accutron ever did!

Encouraging regards,

Lee