[time-nuts] Help understanding an ADEV

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sat Sep 13 21:36:25 UTC 2014

Hi David,

It's an odd situation.  From the datasheet:

"Note: The DAC module is designed specifically for audio applications and is not recommended for control type applications."

I had hoped that it wouldn't be a problem for driving an OCXO, but my mistake.  The datasheet also notes that the DAC has 16-bit resolution but only 14-bit accuracy.  It didn't seem to have even that at DC.  The PWM version doesn't have any escape clauses.  You set "x" parameters and it's supposed to be 16-bits wide.  Maybe "audio" means within the human auditory passband?

Bob