[time-nuts] Correcting jitter on the 1 PPS signal from aGPSreceiver.

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sun Sep 14 01:42:47 UTC 2014

Pete, Bob,

For data on a Resolution-T that I tested see http://leapsecond.com/pages/res-t/

What I found: the raw 1PPS has a standard deviation of about 13 ns; with sawtooth correction that drops to about 6 ns. If that sounds too good to be true, I can double check the raw data, or even re-run the test. I still have the same Trimble board; maybe more than one of them.

So my suggestion is to try to duplicate this level of performance first, for each of your two units separately. Only then run the test comparing them against themselves.

/tvb