[time-nuts] Correcting jitter on the 1 PPS signalfromaGPSreceiver.

Peter Reilley peter at reilley.com
Sun Sep 14 16:38:30 UTC 2014

Thank you for that link.   I read the section of quantization error.
I am confused with what I am seeing on my scope verses what they are saying

They say that the system clock is 12.504 MHz and that they use both the
rising and falling edges.   That is about 40 nS between quantization time
slots.   The PPS can only appear on a 40 nS edge.   I should be seeing
40 nS jumps in the waveforms.   I do see ~40 nS jumps but they are less
common.

The waveform timing is clearly quantized but I am seeing ~2 nS jumps.
My scope is a Rigol DS2202 which samples at 1 GSP in 2 channel mode.
Could this 2 nS quantization be a result of the scope?   Perhaps I should
get my 400 MHz analog scope out (Tek 2465B) and repeat the measurements?

Pete.