[time-nuts] Correcting jitter on the 1 PPSsignalfromaGPSreceiver.

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Sep 15 19:06:32 UTC 2014

I don't claim to be able to do the math, but one could probably easily
calculate it from the Fourier frequencies by looking at the attenuation by
frequency over a 1km lengh:

Loss per 100m over frequency:

10M    100M    400M    1300M    2300M
7dB    14dB    28dB       49dB    72dB

So looking at these numbers I am guesstimating a risetime in the us
alongside a good handful of microseconds of propagation delay.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 9/15/2014 11:31:28 Pacific Daylight Time,
hmurray at megapathdsl.net writes:

>  Also, another issue with the end termination happens when driving very
long
>  coax cables: RG-142 for example has about 60 Ohms center  conductor
> resistance  and 7.5 Ohms shield resistance at 1km  length.

RG-142 is far from low-loss.  Does anybody use it at that  length?

What's the rise time at the end of 1 km with a 1 ns rise time  at the input?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate  spam.