[time-nuts] WWVB d-psk-r down conversion method...

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Tue Sep 23 22:11:23 UTC 2014

Hi Alex:

There's not a requirement that Xtgendwave make the chip.  The modulation format is published by NIST and anyone can make
a receiver.
I would hope there's some Time Nuts that would be interested in doing this rather than trying to remove the phase
modulation.

It's my understanding that by using the fast (100 bits/second - 10 second frame time) signal  you can get more precision
than possible using the old WWVB signal.

Note:  The Xtgendwave patents spend a lot of time and effort compensating for the poor quality of the watch crystal.  If
it's in spec but not exactly on frequency, then decoding a signal that's 17 minutes long is a big problem.  For time
nuts use where we have a precision LO all that goes away and instead we could be looking at how to get  more precision
and at the same time more updates.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com