[time-nuts] Any simple way to get 200 MHz from 10 MHz?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 15:25:22 UTC 2014

On 28 September 2014 12:40, Bill Dailey <docdailey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use this for my qs1r (125MHz) and to discipline a sound card (24.576MHz).
>
> http://www.valontechnology.com/5007%20synthesizer.html
> http://www.valontechnology.com/3008%20divider.html
>
> I actually have one 5007 sandwiched between two 3008's within a Hammond enclosure I built.  Has voltage in, 10MHz in and two frequency outputs.
>
> I don't have the setup to measure phase noise but seems to do a decent job for my purposes.
>
> Bill

Whilst not cheap, that is an interesting little device. The fact it
can work to 4.4 GHz, does in fact mean it would be possible to extend
the VNA up to 24.4 GHz at the high end, which would be potentially
useful as it covers the 12 mm. Not my immediate priority, but the fact
there are two osciallators, and they cover a wide range, does make it
interesting.