[time-nuts] What sort of oscillator is this?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 23:16:01 UTC 2014

On 29 Sep 2014 20:06, "Hal Murray" <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

>drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uksaid:
> > Unfortunately Keysight have now sold all the cables, but do have the
front
> > panel overlay which is arguably the most critical item.
>
> > Spending £500 on 5 cables and a front panel overly is more attractive
than
> > spending £8000 on an upgrading the model.
>
> For £500, I'll bet you can get a good hand crimp tool, some good coax,
and a
> handful of connectors.

Yes, but I have no way to test them. I don't have a 2.4 mm connector gage,
and I am not keen to put 2.4 mm plugs into something very expensive without
checking the pin depth first.

I don't have a 2.4 mm cal kit, so I can't check the return loss.

I would really like to find a male 2.4 mm connector gage and satisfy myself
the cables, even if I get them professionally made.

I believe someone might have some 2.4 mm HP cables. I can put the SMA on
and at least check the pin depth.

Dave.