[time-nuts] 58503A alarm light on

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Apr 5 02:26:33 UTC 2015

Hi

If you watch the prediction number as the unit warms up, on some boxes it will go through a minima fairly early on. I’ve
seen it hit at a few days. I’m sure it depends a lot on how long the box has been off and the particular OCXO in the box.
That prediction I do not believe at all. It goes away in < 12 hours….

The “you can believe it” sub 1us prediction seem to come after it’s been constantly on power for a while (like weeks). Again
how fast it gets there will vary unit to unit.

All of that said, I don’t think I’ve seen any of mine hang out consistently above 2 us for any noticeable period of time after they have been
on a month or two. No, I don’t make a habit of constantly checking up on them….

Bob