[time-nuts] Modern HW replacement for ATOM based NTP server?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 7 16:39:01 UTC 2015

I think beagle bone black is the answer to this question (because rPi
has a USB<->network interface that´s problematic) but i´ll let others
that know more than me about this specific subject follow on....

Daniel

"Problematic" if you are after microsecond-level accuracy, perhaps, but so
would the BeagleBone be.  If your needs are more in the 100 microsecond
range, either would be fine with a reasonably wide PPS pulse.  Yes, the
BeagleBone is somewhat better at serving externally according to my own
tests, but the Raspberry Pi has the greatest support in the community, if
you want to use it for other tasks as well, and doesn't suffer from the
problem of generating RF interference at GPS frequencies.

Both are excellent little devices!

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu