[time-nuts] Modern HW replacement for ATOM based NTP server?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Apr 8 21:13:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 17:09:28 +0000 (UTC)
cfo <xnews5 at luna.dyndns.dk> wrote:

> What about the Odroid C1 ?
> http://tinyurl.com/qd7m4cz

I recommend against using an Odroid. What I have heard from friends
is that you do not get any support from the manufacturer in any
way. Which means you have to build your own software stack for
everything, as there is also no community around these boards.

This might work if you have time to tinker, but i guess most
of the people here are less into getting an embedded linux
system working and more into using such a system as an
"black box" tool.

The Cubie borads and the stuff done by Olimex would be also
quite good. Especially Olimex is known for their very good
user support, as they specifically sell to tinkerers and
engineering companies. This also includes that their boards
have almost all I/O pins available on connectors.

		Attila Kinali

--
< _av500_> phd is easy
< _av500_> getting dsl is hard