[time-nuts] [Bulk] Re: Ultra High Stability Time Base Options for 53132A

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Apr 12 12:03:33 UTC 2015

Bob,

Thanks for your thoughts.

It is hard to tell from the pictures that accompany the items but it appears some use the 'Vref' pin to obtain the control voltage and some do not.  If that indeed is the case, I wonder if using the Vref pin would offer a greater likelihood of better performance.

Also, how would you go about testing these Time Bases or 53132A?  Installing them in the 53132A, leave them on for 24 hours, do the 'CALTIMBAS' routine, then use the 53132A to measure your 'best' source?  If so, which source would you use?  I have GPSDO (TBolt, Z3816A, Z3805A, Lucent Z3810A, Lucent RFTGm-II-XO and Rb), Rb (5065A, LPRO, and others) or CS (5061A).  Also, how would you set up the 53132A and collect the data?

My question is how can I get the most stable and accurate 'stand-alone' counter, not having to connect an external reference?

Thanks for your help.

Joe