[time-nuts] 10811 Alternatives

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Apr 13 11:53:38 UTC 2015

Hi

I probably should not rule out the MV89’s going through an exceptionally brutal
salvage process. I’m sure there are a range of outfits doing this stuff and that
some take more care than others. We may just have a lot of 10,000 MV-89’s
that got nuked and now are forever floating around the world getting re-sold multiple
times.

You could ask - why not test them fully? That’s not an easy task. The list I gave is
far from a full test process on an OCXO. One would at least add aging and some
more detailed limits here and there to a proper test profile. If you are looking for
damaged parts, there would be even more testing required past a normal testing profile.
I’ve always found that building in performance / reliability  is a lot cheaper than testing it in …..

Bob